Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Number...

The first day of class, my communications professor made us think of a number, out of one hundred, that showed how comfortable we were with public speaking. Public speaking is definitely not one of my strengths. I don't despise it, but if I can avoid it, I will. So, I thought for a while and assessed my public speaking comfortability as a 25. I was very intimidated by the class in the beginning of the semester. Our first project was an introduction speech. I was definitely nervous during my speech and maybe I could've done better if I wasn't nervous. It was the first time talking in front of the whole class and it felt intimidating. My anxiety got better with every project we had. The audio video speech and the impromptu speech went a lot better. I was not as nervous, maybe because I knew I knew my audience and wasn't too intimidated by the people I was talking to.
Well, if I have to think of a number that describes my comfortability with public speaking, it would be about 45. The number has increased because I feel more calm and relaxed when I have to talk in front of a lot of people. Public speaking is still not my favorite thin to do, but I have learned to cope with it in my own way. Giving a speech is not as stressful of an experience as it was in beginning of the semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment