Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Freshman Year....

WOW...!!!! Freshman year is almost over. I get to check out tomorrow and go back home. Looking back at my first year of college, I can't believe it went so fast. It seemed as it was yesterday when we first moved in and had no idea what we were getting ourselves into. We were four girls who were completely randomly chosen to live with each other. We were equally scared and nervous, but we managed to get through it pretty quickly. We became best friends and went through the first year college experiences together.
Looking back at the school year, I can say that I am happy with what I have achieved. It was definitely hard to get used to the new environment, the classes, the professors, etc. But I wouldn't trade it for anything. Being a Biology/PreMed major, I had a lot of homework and there were times when I wished I could spend more time with my friends and enjoy the college life more. I have realized; however, that hard work pays off and I don't regret those times when I had to stay in room and study while my friends were hanging out. I am happy that I adjusted to the college life quickly and most importantly, I am excited to come back next year. I have decided to minor in gerontology, a field that is not particularly popular among the young population, working in an assisted living; however, has helped me realize that I absolutely love working with this age group and I am excited to learn more!!!
Freshman year was definitely once in a lifetime experience. I got to meet some awesome friends who are my biggest support system, here at school. I can't wait to see what sophmore year is going to bring me...??!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment